Friday, June 26, 2009

Montenegro

Montenegro has some of the coolest landscapes and most picturesque old towns I've seen and it's still relatively a bargain for the Adriatic coast. The whole country's coastline only takes around 3 hours to cross by bus but there is a lot of sights packed into the area, making it a great place to explore with just one base. It seems like every town, village, cove, mountain, and island along here is worthy of not just a postcard but a full photo album. When the coast first came in view, both the guy I was traveling with and I were glued to the window with our cameras clicking away. Montenegro is also the newest country in the world, gaining independence from the joint Serbian-Montenegrin state in 2006 (note: the newest as recognized by the UN). I'm definitely coming back to explore Montenegro more in depth than I could have done in my two, mostly rainy days.


Beer of Montenegro: I could only find one Montenegran beer, called Niqo, a rather bland and standard beer. But the imported Serbian and Bosnian beer is what dominates the market here. These beers are not bad, but the prices is unreal, they sell them in 2L bottles for $2/1.50€. But imports are not what I'm judging here. Grade: D.

Places Missed: Durmitor National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment